Add CTV to Your Campaign Strategy
Every year, more viewers are cancelling their TV subscription or are reducing the number of paid channels they have. Referred to as cord cutters, these viewers are largely in favour of media available over the Internet and streamed to a Connected TV (CTV) device. According to eMarketer, by 2022 more than 55% of the adult US population will be cord cutters. The number of cord cutters is growing, so it’s only natural that CTV users will grow along with it, which brings more opportunity for CTV advertising. As the television landscape continues to change, it’s important your campaign strategy changes along with it.
In 2019, 55% of the US population are CTV users, yet only 12% of digital video ad spend in the US was allocated to CTV. When you consider the opportunity in the CTV space - along with the Advertising Research Foundation’s study, which found that when you increase the number of platforms you advertise on, you increase your ROI by as much as 35% - the decision to incorporate CTV into your campaign strategy is an easy one.
In case you’re not convinced, let’s take a look at some of the benefits to using CTV:
- Interactive format
- Captive audience
- Easily coordinate campaigns with other channels
- Combine awareness and direct response in the same campaign as with online or mobile display
- Measure offline impact
- Combine premium, high-impact video inventory with specific audience targeting
- Lower financial commitment with less media waste
CTV video spots are generally non-skippable, resulting in very high completion rates. Why not boost your campaign’s overall VCR by adding CTV to your plan? If you are looking to integrate CTV into your campaigns, you may try the following strategies:
- CTV Prospecting: Start with custom audience segments to identify purchase intenders for automobiles and for your brand specifically within a targeted geo.
- CTV Retargeting: Retarget individuals who have visited your brand or dealership website by serving them a CTV impression.
The available opportunities are only going to increase from here, so it’s wise to get your hands on CTV targeting sooner rather than later. If you want to learn more about CTV, download StachAdapt’s 1-Pager.